Some thoughts on Taylor Swift on the heels of Evermore.
- She’s finally getting the respect she deserved all along, all at once.
- Unneeded, but thoroughly appreciated assist from The National and Bon Iver.
- Mainstream discovery of “All Too Well” started it all.
- I predict Taylor will collaborate with Bruce Springsteen.
- She’s the modern day singer/songwriter equivalent of Dylan, Springsteen, and Elliott Smith.
- Taylor’s prolific production during quarantine doesn’t only benefit Taylor Swift. She has an organization of people who get paid when she tours. Two albums in a few months, alongside super aggressive marketing of the music and associated merchandise, likely ensures her people get paid much more than they otherwise would during a pandemic that has shut down live music.